NINTENDO SWITCH HW NEON RED AND BLUE NEW
You can connect an amplifier to the HDMI port on the Nintendo Switch dock.
- Put the console in TV mode, but instead of connecting the Nintendo Switch dock to a TV, connect it to an amplifier instead.
Then, connect the amplifier to the TV using another HDMI cable.
- Open System Settings from the HOME Menu, then select TV Output ⇒ TV Sound and change the sound to "Surround".
You can connect your Nintendo Switch dock to a 4K TV and use the console in TV mode.
The console screen will be displayed on the TV in 1920x1080 Full HD.
t's recommended that you put the console into sleep mode when you stop playing. This will reduce battery consumption and will allow you to quickly resume playing.
If you want to turn the console off completely, do the following:
- Hold the POWER Button for three seconds to open the Power Menu.
- Select "Power Options" and then "Power Off".
Make sure you save your progress in a game before turning off the power. Any unsaved progress will be lost.
Are you using the console in a place that may be too hot?
- If the surrounding temperature is too hot, the console may overheat. The console should be used in a place where the temperature is between 5 and 35°C. Stop using the console if it becomes too hot while playing in handheld mode, as this may lead to skin burns.
The console may become hot during charging or when it's being used in TV mode, but this is normal and should not be considered a defect.
Has the console been left alone for a while with no input?
- The console might have automatically gone into sleep mode to conserve energy. If a set amount of time goes by with no input, the console will go into auto-sleep mode. By default, the console is set to enter auto-sleep mode after an hour in TV mode or ten minutes in handheld mode.
You can change the auto-sleep settings by opening System Settings ⇒ Sleep Mode on the HOME Menu.
Is the console out of battery?
- Try charging the console.
Has a play time limit been set using the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app?
- Check the settings in the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app.
Is there dust in the console's air intake or air vent?
Is the console in a place that might grow hot, or on top of some kind of audiovisual equipment?
- Make sure not to leave the console in a place where it might get too hot, as it will automatically go into sleep mode if it overheats. The console may not turn on if dust has gathered in its air intake and/or air vent. If this happens, please contact Nintendo Customer Support.
Is the Nintendo Switch console charging correctly?
- A charging symbol will appear on the upper left of the screen when the console begins charging correctly.
Are you using the console in TV mode?
- The console will take longer to charge when it's being used in TV mode, as the battery is consumed faster when outputting to the TV.
Are you using the AC adapter (HAC-002)?
- Please use the Nintendo Switch AC adapter (HAC-002) to charge the console.
Is the AC adapter correctly connected to the console and the power socket?
- Check that the AC adapter is connected correctly. If the console still isn't charging properly, disconnect the AC adapter from the console and the power socket, then wait at least 20 seconds and try again.
Is the console in a place that is too hot or too cold?
- Please charge the console in a place where the temperature is between 5 and 35°C.
Has it been a long time since the console was charged?
- The console's battery is drained even when you're not using it. If too much time passes, the console may become unable to charge. Please charge the console at least once every six months.
Have you been repeatedly charging the console?
- The console's battery life will gradually be reduced with repeated charging. When the battery life becomes extremely short, even if the console still charges correctly, it's a sign that the battery needs to be replaced. If this happens, please submit an online repair ticket to request a battery change.
Has the battery run out?
- Try charging the console.
The console may be frozen.
- There is a chance that the console has frozen with a black screen. Look at the console in a darkened room and see if any light is coming from the screen. If so, the console has frozen. Hold the POWER Button for 12 seconds or more to turn the console off.
Then, press the POWER Button to turn the console on again.
The player LED on the controller shows the user's player number when the controller is connected to a Nintendo Switch console.
The player LED flashes when the controller is connecting to the console or when the controller's battery power is low.
Controller number (horizontal)
The player LED displays in this way when using the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, or a Joy-Con in solo horizontal grip.
Controller number list (vertical)
The player LED displays in this way when using Joy-Con controllers in solo remote grip or dual-controller grip.
The LED on the Nintendo Switch dock, or TV output LED, lights up when the Nintendo Switch console is outputting to a TV.
Please click HERE to be directed to the entire list of troubleshooting within the Nintendo support website.
First time use
5 things you may not know!
The home menu
How to take screen shots