DYSON DC40E ANIMAL BLS UPR
- Empty as soon as the dirt reaches the level of the MAX mark do not overfill.
- Switch OFF and unplug before emptying the clear bin.
- To remove the cyclone and clear bin unit, press down on the red button at the rear of the carrying handle on the cyclone.
- To release the dirt, press all the way down on the red button at the rear of the carrying handle on the cyclone.
- To minimise dust/allergen contact when emptying, encase the clear bin tightly in a plastic bag and empty.
- Remove the clear bin carefully. Seal the bag tightly, dispose as normal.
- To refit: close the clear bin base so it clicks into place push the cyclone and clear bin unit into the main body of the appliance; it will click into place ensure the cyclone and clear bin unit is secure.
Do not carry out any maintenance or repair work other than that shown in this Dyson Operating Manual, or advised by the Dyson Helpline. Only use parts recommended by Dyson. If you do not this could invalidate your guarantee. Store the appliance indoors. Do not use or store it below 0°C. Ensure the appliance is at room temperature before operating. Clean the appliance only with a dry cloth. Do not use any lubricants, cleaning agents, polishes or air fresheners on any part of the appliance. If used in a garage, always wipe the base plate, ball and stabiliser wheels with a dry cloth after vacuuming to clean off any sand, dirt, or pebbles that could damage delicate floors.
Switch OFF and unplug before looking for blockages. Failure to do so could result in personal injury. Look for blockages in the wand, airways and cleaner head. To remove the base plate to access an obstruction, see Base plate disassembly/reassembly. To look for blockages in the airway between the ball and the cleaner head you will need to remove the cleaner head: see Base plate disassembly/ reassembly. Beware of sharp objects when checking for blockages. Refit all parts securely before using. Clearing blockages is not covered by your guarantee.
To maintain your Dyson machine we recommend that you wash your filter(s) at least once every 3-6 months. Please see the video library below for a tutorial.
Please click here where you can view the spare parts available.
Most Dyson vacuums have a built in safety system that stops the machine if it begins to overheat. This usually happens because the machine or tools are blocked. If your machine cuts out, unplug it and leave it for at least an hour to cool down. Remember to turn the power off and unplug the machine before you check for blockages prior to re-starting the machine.
Please click here and select your model for comprehensive support information.
Questions & answers
Cleaning different floors
Washing the filters
Resetting the brushbar
Vacuum wont recline
How to change your plugs fuse