Philips Avent Comfort Manual Breast Pump SCF330/20
Email me this page
Enter your email address to have this page emailed to you *
With regular use, some light scratching is normal and will not cause problems. However, if a part of the breast pump becomes badly scratched or cracks, discontinue use and contact Consumer Care on the phone number on the right of the page to obtain replacement part(s). Be aware that combinations of detergents, cleaning products, sterilizing solution, softened water and temperature fluctuations may, under certain circumstances, cause the plastic to crack. Avoid contact with abrasive or antibacterial detergents as these can damage the plastic.
Leaning too far forward or backward, while using the breast pump can result in leakage around the rim between the pump and the bottle. In order to prevent this, position yourself comfortably and somewhat upright (no leaning forward or lying down backwards). It will bring you more comfort, and prevent the breast pump from leaking. Using the glass bottle with the breast pump can sometimes cause leaking. Switch to other containers to express the milk, and feed your baby with the glass bottle if this occurs.
Clean the breast pump as per the instructions of the User Manual.
- Disassemble the breast pump completely. Also remove the white valve. Be careful when you remove the white valve and when you clean it. If it gets damaged, your breast pump does not function properly. To remove the white valve, gently pull at the ribbed tab on the side of the valve.
- Clean all parts in hot water with some mild washing-up liquid and then rinse them thoroughly. You can also clean the parts in the dishwasher (on the top rack only). To clean the valve, rub it gently between your fingers in warm water with some washing-up liquid. Do not insert objects into the valve, as this may cause damage.
- Sterilise all parts in a Philips AVENT steam steriliser or by boiling them for 5 minutes. Take care to allow for a cool-down period after the sterilising cycle has ended: the breast pump can be too hot to touch immediately after sterilising.
Yes. The comfort breast pump is 100% BPA free. The pump body, handle and stem are made from Polypropylene (PP), and the parts consist of Silicone.
Follow below guidelines if you experience too much suction with your breast pump:
- Try depressing the handle only halfway when expressing.
- You do not need to push the handle all the way in to achieve suction.
- You can regulate the suction the pump gives by depressing the handle more or less ' giving you complete control over the amount of suction that works best for you.
- Make sure you only use the comfort breast pump's parts.
- Make sure you've assembled the comfort breast pump with the massage cushion: not using the massage cushion can result in too much vacuum.
- Using a breast pump for the first time, you may experience the suction level as too high at first. Practicing can help.
- If you continue to have trouble with using the breast pump, contact your lactation specialist.
Low suction can be due to several causes:
- Make sure the breast pump is assembled as per the instructions in the manual. Check that the cushion and valve are firmly pushed into the pump body and that the edges are completely sealed around the rim of the pump body. The cushion, valve and diaphragm can leak air if not attached correctly. The comfort breast pump may show low suction before expressing. Place it onto your breast to create vacuum and move the handle again. Assemble the breast pump while it is still moist from sterilizing. This will improve the vacuum.
- Do not mix parts of the Isis breast pump with the comfort breast pump, except for de diaphragm and the stem. Should you still experience low/no suction, please contact Philips Consumer Support. You can do this by calling 02079 490 240.
Stop using the breast pump and consult your breastfeeding advisor. If the pump does not come away easily from the breast, it may be necessary to break the suction by placing a finger between the breast and Let-down Massage Cushion or between the breast and pump funnel.
If the pump does not come away easily from the breast, it may be necessary to break the suction by placing a finger between the breast and Let-Down Massage Cushion or between the breast and pump funnel.
Yes. The petal massage cushion is given a softer texture to make expressing milk as comfortable as possible for you. It will not affect the performance of the breast pump at all.
Note: Make sure to firmly place the petal massage cushion on the breast pump so it does not leak air. If you still feel the cushion is not working well for you, consider using a large cushion if you have larger nipples, or ordering a new cushion.