Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Turn power off and unplug the machine.
Step 1 - Remove the clear bin and cyclone
- To remove the cyclone and clear bin unit, press down on the red button on the top of the carrying handle on the cyclone.
Step 2 - Open the bin base/empty the bin
- Hold the cyclone and clear bin unit over a waste bin.
- To release the dirt, press all the way down on the same red button at the top of the carrying handle on the cyclone.
- Do not close the bin base.
Step 3 - Removing the clear bin from the cyclone
- Press the silver button and separate the cyclone unit from the clear bin.
- Clean the clear bin with cold water only.
- Do not use detergents, polishes or air fresheners to clean the clear bin.
- Do not put the clear bin in a dishwasher.
NB: Ensure the clear bin is completely dry before replacing.
Step 4 - Cleaning the cyclone shroud
- Clean the cyclone shroud with a cloth to remove any lint and dust.
NB: Do not immerse the whole cyclone in water or pour water into the cyclones.
Step 5 - Refit the bin and cyclone to the machine
- Fit the cyclone shroud into the clear bin so that the silver button clicks and engages.
- Close the clear bin base so that it clicks into place.
- Push the cyclone and clear bin unit into the main body of the machine; it will click into place.
NB: Ensure the cyclone and clear bin unit is secure.
This appliance is fitted with an automatically resetting thermal cut-out. Large items may block the tools or wand inlet. If any part becomes blocked the appliance may overheat and automatically cut-out. If this happens, follow the instructions below in Looking for blockages
- Lie the appliance on its back.
- Attach the cleaner head by sliding it on to the connections on the lower front part of the ball.
- Ensure the electrical plug on the cleaner head fits into the twin - block connection on the body of the appliance, which is directly above the airway.
- Push firmly: the cleaner head will click into place.
- Stand the appliance up straight.
- Attach the wand handle by sliding it on to the top of the appliance.
- The spring clip in the handle will click into place.
- Ensure the hose is straight.
- Press the red button on the hose.
- Slide the wand into the hose.
- Ensure the wand and hose sit in the recess of the handle.
- Slide the end of the wand down into the handle to secure it.
- Close the wand cap.
- Slide the tool holder onto the side of the duct as shown.
- Ensure the cyclone and clear bin unit is secured to the main body of the appliance.
- Attach the tools as shown. In use, the tools can be attached to either the hose or the wand.
- Wind the cable around the cable hooks.
- Secure with the clip.
To maintain your Dyson machine we recommend that you wash your filter(s) at least once every 3-6 months. Please see the video library below for a tutorial.
Do not carry out any maintenance or repair work other than that shown in this Dyson Operating Manual, or advised by the Dyson Helpline. Only use parts recommended by Dyson. If you do not this could invalidate your guarantee. Store the appliance indoors. Do not use or store it below 3°C (37.4°F). Ensure the appliance is at room temperature before operating. Clean the appliance only with a dry cloth. Do not use any lubricants, cleaning agents, polishes or air fresheners on any part of the appliance. If used in a garage, always wipe the base plate and ball with a dry cloth after vacuuming to clean off any sand, dirt, or pebbles that could damage delicate floors.
Switch OFF and unplug before looking for blockages. Failure to do so could result in personal injury. Leave to cool down for 1-2 hours before looking for blockages. Clear any blockage before restarting. Look for blockages in the wand, airways and cleaner head. To release the hose from the machine, you will need to remove the wand. Open the wand release cap. Pull the wand up and away from the handle. Press the red release button in the connecting collar and remove the wand from the hose. Remove the clear bin and cyclone unit. Then release the hose from the appliance by pressing the red tab on the base of the hose you can see it from the front of the appliance. Check for blockages in the hose. Beware of sharp objects when checking for blockages. To refit the hose, align the guides on the base of the hose with the channels in the neck of the airway. Ensure the red tab faces the front of the appliance. Push the hose on. It will click into place. To refit the wand follow the instructions above in the Operation section. To remove the base plate to access an obstruction, see Base plate disassembly/reassembly. To look for blockages in the front airway between the ball and the cleaner head you will need to remove the cleaner head: see Base plate disassembly/ reassembly below on how to do this. To look for blockages in the rear airway between the ball and the cleaner head you will need to release the hose. Hold and slide the red cuff out. Check thoroughly for blockages and slot back into place. To look for blockages in the ball, open the clear plastic inlet on the top. Beware of sharp objects when checking for blockages. Refit all parts securely before using. Clearing blockages is not covered by your guarantee.
Most Dyson vacuums have a built in safety system that stops the machine if it begins to overheat. This usually happens because the machine or tools are blocked. If your machine cuts out, unplug it and leave it for at least an hour to cool down. Remember to turn the power off and unplug the machine before you check for blockages prior to re-starting the machine.
Please click here and select your model for comprehensive support information.
Please click here where you can view the spare parts available.
Resetting the brush bar
Checking the wand and hose for blockages
Checking for blockages
How to clean the filter
How to change your plugs fuse